Event Cancelled in the Interest of Public Health & Safety due to COVID-19
National FutureSchools Festival
18-19 March 2020
Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
We are pleased to announce our partnership with the re-imagined National FutureSchools Festival in 2020.
As a partner of National FutureSchools Festival, the Victorian Music Teachers’ Association has been offered an exclusive 30% discount for all members to attend the event on 18-19 March 2020.
This exclusive offer is available to all VMTA members including individual and school members.
For VMTA school members, the offer extends to ALL teaching staff at the school in all learning areas (not only music teachers), and is applicable when booking at the standard or late registration rate depending on time of purchase.
To redeem the exclusive 30% VMTA member only discount, use the special discount code provided or contact the VMTA Office at to request one. Book online, by phone or submit a manual booking form to and quote the discount code at time of booking.
In addition, there will be 15 Bursary tickets available to VMTA members:
- A Bursary Ticket includes full access to the NFS 2020 Expo and Conference
- Catering is not included but can be selected as a part of the registration process
- Bursary tickets will be offered on a "first in, first served" basis
- VMTA members can apply here and the first 15 applicants will receive an email with a link to register
- The application closing date is 7 February 2020
Tuning Up: Establishing Instrumental and Ensemble Programs in Schools (Lyn Spiteri, VMTA Board Director)
Thurs 19 March (Day 2), 1.30pm
Join VMTA for a session on Day Two to hear Lyn Spiteri speaking on Establishing Instrumental and Ensemble Programs in Schools.
This session will focus on how to set up an instrumental and ensemble program including:
- Sourcing equipment
- Planning curriculum
- Parent communication
Lyn will also discuss the importance of elevating standards by employing suitably qualified teachers, and the role of instrumental music programs in creating social benefit and a sense of belonging.
A case study will be presented demonstrating how schools can connect to the broader community through partnership and outreach, and the range of sponsorship and financial investment options available.
Download the National FutureSchools Festival 2020 Conference brochure HERE
What we're excited about:
- VMTA will be exhibiting at the expo during the 2 day event and representing the instrumental music teaching sector
- New festival style format with the expo and conference all under one roof
- Fresh keynote speakers such as Dr Anita Collins, Scott Maxwell, Nicky Mahone, Ted Dintersmith, Saku Tuominen, just to name a few
- 150 innovative exhibitors
- Specific Music content that has been carefully curated for today's Music teachers and coordinators
Find out more at www.futureschools.com.au