0419 110 516
Hello and Thank you for stopping by! I hope I can help you on your musical journey!
I have been teaching Guitar and Electric Bass to people of all ages from beginner through to advanced for over 35 years.
I can help you to gain the various skills needed to play the music of your choice which may include some or all of the following: Rock, Pop, Blues, Rhythm and Blues, Jazz, Latin, Fusion, Funk, Soul, Ska, Reggae, Country or Gospel.
I see myself as a dedicated teacher first but also as a player who is able to demonstrate any aspect of what is being taught.
In my time as a teacher I have developed (and continue to develop and streamline) excellent learning programs which ensure success.
I teach people of any age and ability and tailor my lessons accordingly.
All of my students over time are taught all aspects of playing, some of which include: Chords, Rhythm Guitar, (including Chord Construction and Voice leading), Scales, and Music Theory relating to Improvisation (soloing), All left and right hand techniques; including right hand Finger Picking and Finger Tapping. Music Reading, both Standard notation and Guitar Tablature.
For those wishing to sit for Examinations I have much experience in preparing students for VCE Solo Performance, Group Performance and Music Investigation which includes both Contemporary and Classical styles.
The majority of my VCE students receive an ‘A’ for their final performance Examination.
I also prepare students for AMEB, ROCKSCHOOL, ANZCA and TRINITY Examinations.
Education: Aside from studying Jazz, Rock, Pop and Classical Guitar privately with leaders in these fields I also completed an ‘Advanced Diploma of Music’ (Nationally Accredited) and ‘Associate in Music’ (A. Mus. A.) (AMEB) Classical Guitar.
I am a Fully Accredited member of the Victorian Music Teachers Association.
I have a ‘Working with Children Check’.
I am currently employed by the Victorian Education Department and Private Schools in and around Melbourne.
A few thoughts on ‘What makes a Great Teacher’?
1. A genuine interest in a student’s success.
2. Listens to the student and then works with them for the best outcome.
3. Encourages Self-Learning.
4. Has knowledge in the subject area but then needs to have the skill, experience and patience to pass this on in a clear way.
5. Has developed proper plans of study.
6. Has Unlimited Patience and a willingness to try many different avenues of approach to reach a student’s goal.
7. Keeps accurate records of student progress.
8. This list can go on and on but what should be remembered is that it is a Team Effort!
If you put in some time and effort on a regular basis you will be successful!
Please contact me if you require any further information.
M: 0419 110 516