Welcome to our 2019 Student Concert Series & Performance Day
FOR STUDENTS OF VMTA MEMBERS
STUDENT CONCERT ON SAT 1 JUNE AT 3PM - PERFORMER TICKETS SOLD OUT
(AUDIENCE TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE)
ALL INSTRUMENTS - ALL GRADES - ALL WELCOME!
We have aligned our Student Concert Series and Performance Day closely with examination session dates. This gives students who are preparing for an exam the opportunity to gain valuable performance experience. However, any student of a VMTA member is encouraged to perform, whether they are preparing for an exam or not.
Student Concert Series
Each concert in the series provides an informal, friendly and supportive performance opportunity. Entry is open to all students, including beginners.
Our Performance Day is slightly different. While not a masterclass, a presenter will assess each performance and provide valuable feedback and advice to the performer and audience. In addition, each performer will receive a brief written critique which will be emailed to the teacher within 2 weeks after their performance. Entry is open to students preparing for Preliminary to AMusA. Please note the Performance Day is NOT suitable for beginners.
What Does it Cost?
Family and friends are warmly invited to attend for a small charge. Performers are FREE when performing at a student concert. There is a small charge for students to perform at our Performance Day, in order to cover the cost of the presenter. VMTA members attend all events in the series free of charge, including the Performance Day, .
STUDENT CONCERT 1
Date: Saturday 1 June, 3 pm
Date: Saturday 10 August, 2.00-5.30pm
Session 1 (Prelim-Grade 5): 2.00-3.30pm
Session 2 (Grade 6 to AMusA): 4.00-5.30pm
Presenter to be announced.
STUDENT CONCERT 2
Date: Saturday 5 October, 3 pm
STUDENT CONCERT 3
Date: Saturday 2 November, 3 pm
St Peter's Anglican Church, 1038 Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill, 3128
Student Concert Series: FREE
Performance Day: $20
Teachers who are VMTA members may attend free of charge.
To enrol a performer and book audience tickets for the Student Concert on Sat 1 June at 3pm, please visit https://www.trybooking.com/499939
Audience tickets may also be purchased by paying cash at the door on the day of the concert.
Online bookings for all other concerts in the series will open 4 weeks prior to each concert.
Performers MUST be booked in online.
Chief Executive Officer
Victorian Music Teachers' Association
Telephone: (03) 5243 4200
Information for performers:
- Beginners and students who are preparing for Preliminary to Grade 3 may perform up to 2 pieces.
- Students preparing for Grade 4 to AMusA may perform 1 piece OR 1 movement from a larger work.
- If piano accompaniment is required, performers are asked to arrange their own accompanist. If assistance is required in finding an accompanist, please contact the office in advance of the event.
- Please note the venue is equipped with a beautiful Schimmel grand piano. A music stand will be provided for instrumentalists.
- We kindly ask that performers arrive on time and stay for the duration of the concert in order to support other performers.
- If you are performing, you will be asked to provide some information at the time of booking. Please have the following information available:
- Name of performer
- Grade level (AMEB or equivalent)
- Full name of work, full name of composer, approximate length of piece/s to be performed
- Name of performer’s teacher (MUST BE A VMTA MEMBER)
- Parent’s name, email address and phone number
- Indicate whether you are bringing an accompanist
- Performers can change their program up to 7 days prior to the event if unsure at the time of booking.
- A program will be emailed to performers a couple of days prior to the event and will also be available at the concert.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the concert to sign in.
Parking & Directions - St Peter's Anglican Church Box Hill
There is parking at the back of the church (19 spaces). If heading west towards the city on Whitehorse Road, turn left into the Whitehorse Service Road, immediately after Linsley Street. St Peter's Anglican Church is located between the Box Hill Library and Box Hill Town Hall. Follow the driveway to the back of the church. Reserved signs only apply Mon-Fri. Please do not park in car spaces near the entrance to the church as this is reserved for VMTA staff and volunteers.
Parking is also available in Bank Street along the railway line (commuter restrictions only apply Mon-Fri); along the Whitehorse Service Road before Linsley Street (if heading west towards the city); and at the adjacent Town Hall. Please do not park in the Library car park (permit only). There is also a large Care Park in Watts Street (500 places) within walking distance of the church.