Welcome to our 2019 Student Concert Series & Performance Day
FOR STUDENTS OF VMTA MEMBERS
All instruments - all grades - all welcome!
BOOKINGS FOR THE STUDENT CONCERT MARATHON ON SAT 5 OCTOBER OPEN ON 30 AUGUST
About the Series
We have aligned our Student Concert Series & Performance Day closely with AMEB examination session dates. This gives students who are preparing for an exam the opportunity to gain valuable performance experience. However, any student of a VMTA member is encouraged to perform, whether they are preparing for an exam or not.
Each concert in the series provides an informal, friendly and supportive performance opportunity. Entry is open to all students of VMTA members, including beginners.
The Performance Day is slightly different. An experienced presenter will assess each performance, providing valuable feedback and advice to both performer and audience. Each performer will receive a brief written critique which will be emailed to the teacher after the event. Entry is open to students of VMTA members preparing for Preliminary to AMusA. Please note the Performance Day is NOT suitable for beginners.
What Does it Cost?
Effective 17 June 2019, the pricing structure for the Student Concert Series and Performance Day has changed. Performers will now be required to pay an enrolment fee of $25 for a Student Concert and $30 for the Performance Day.
Previously performers were free or incurred a small charge, and audience members were charged a ticket price of $20 (family), $10 (adult) and $5 (child). Family, friends and VMTA members can now attend FREE of charge. There is also no limit to the number of audience members who may attend.
STUDENT CONCERT 1
Date: Saturday 1 June, 3 pm
Date: Saturday 10 August
Session 1 (Prelim-Grade 5): 2.00-3.30pm
Session 2 (Grade 6 to AMusA): 4.00-5.30pm
Presenter: Betty Vergara-Pink
Feedback provided and written critique sheet emailed to teacher after event.
Cost: $30 per performer
To enrol a student in the Performance Day visit https://www.trybooking.com/527309
STUDENT CONCERT MARATHON
Date: Saturday 5 October
Students of VMTA members from Beginner to AMusA may be enrolled in ANY of the 4 concerts throughout the day.
VMTA members may enrol up to 5 students in total for the day.
Members will be notified if additional enrolment availability arises.
Concert 1: 10.00-11.30 am
Concert 2: 12.00-1.30 pm
Concert 3: 2.00-3.30 pm
Concert 4: 4.00-5.30 pm
Cost: $25 per student. Audience members attend free of charge.
To enrol a student in the Student Concert Marathon visit https://www.trybooking.com/545983 (bookings open on 30 August.)
TERM 4 STUDENT CONCERT
Date: Saturday 2 November, 3 pm
Bookings open 4 weeks prior to the event.
St Peter's Anglican Church, 1038 Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill, 3128
Family, friends, and VMTA members can attend FREE of charge. There is no limit to the number of audience members who may attend.
Performers MUST be enrolled in advance using the online booking system. Online enrolments open 4-5 weeks prior to each event in the series. VMTA members will be notified once bookings have opened. A link will also be made available on this page.
Audience tickets are FREE & bookings are NOT required.
Chief Executive Officer
Victorian Music Teachers' Association
Telephone: (03) 5243 4200
Information for performers:
- Beginners and students who are preparing for Preliminary to Grade 3 may perform up to 2 pieces.
- Students preparing for Grade 4 to AMusA may perform 1 piece OR 1 movement from a larger work.
- If piano accompaniment is required, performers are asked to arrange their own accompanist. If assistance is required in finding an accompanist, please contact the office in advance of the event.
- Please note the venue is equipped with a beautiful Schimmel grand piano. A music stand will be provided for instrumentalists.
- We kindly ask that performers arrive on time and stay for the duration of the concert/session in order to support other performers.
- If you are performing, you will be asked to provide some information at the time of booking. Please have the following information available:
- Name of performer
- Grade level (AMEB or equivalent)
- Full name of work, full name of composer, approximate length of piece/s to be performed
- Name of performer’s teacher (MUST BE A VMTA MEMBER)
- Parent’s name, email address and phone number
- Indicate whether you are bringing an accompanist
- Performers can change their program up to 7 days prior to the event if unsure at the time of booking.
- A program will be emailed to performers a couple of days prior to the event and will also be available at the concert.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the concert/session to sign in.
Parking & Directions - St Peter's Anglican Church Box Hill
There is parking at the back of the church (19 spaces). If heading west towards the city on Whitehorse Road, turn left into the Whitehorse Service Road, immediately after Linsley Street. St Peter's Anglican Church is located between the Box Hill Library and Box Hill Town Hall. Follow the driveway to the back of the church. Reserved signs only apply Mon-Fri.
Please do not park in car spaces near the entrance to the church as this is reserved for VMTA staff and volunteers.
Parking is also available in Bank Street along the railway line (commuter restrictions only apply Mon-Fri); along the Whitehorse Service Road before Linsley Street (if heading west towards the city); and at the adjacent Town Hall. Please do not park in the Library car park (permit only). There is also a large Care Park in Watts Street (500 places) within walking distance of the church.