Welcome to our 2018 Student Concert Series
Bookings now open for Term 2 Student Concert to be held on Saturday 21 April at 3pm
Our Student Concert Series provides informal, friendly and supportive performance opportunities for students of VMTA members.
Open entry - all grades, all instruments, ALL WELCOME - including beginners!
We have aligned the dates of our Student Concert Series closely with examination session dates. This gives students who are preparing for an exam the opportunity to gain valuable performance experience leading up to their exam.
However, any student of a VMTA member is encouraged to perform, whether they are preparing for an exam or not.
There are 4 concerts in the series:
TERM 2 STUDENT CONCERTS
Saturday 21 April, 3pm
Saturday 26 May, 3pm
Richmond Uniting Church
314 Church Street
Richmond VIC 3121
TERM 3 PERFORMANCE DAY
Two sessions: Prelim-Grade 5, Grade 6-LMusA
Featuring a presenter with feedback and critique sheet provided
Date and venue to be confirmed
TERM 4 STUDENT CONCERT
Date and venue to be confirmed
To book for Term 2 Student Concert on Saturday 21 April visit https://www.trybooking.com/357258
To book for other concerts in the series, please return to this space 4 weeks prior to each event.
Please note that performers must be booked in.
Victorian Music Teachers' Association
Telephone: (03) 5243 4200
Information for performers:
- Beginners and students who are preparing for Preliminary to Grade 3 may perform up to 2 pieces.
- Students preparing for Grade 4 to LMusA may perform 1 piece or a movement from a larger work.
- If piano accompaniment is required, performers are asked to bring their own accompanist. If assistance is required in finding an accompanist, please contact the office in advance of the event.
- Please note the venue is equipped with a beautiful Schimmel grand piano for use by pianists and accompanists. A music stand will be provided for instrumentalists.
- We kindly ask that performers arrive on time and stay for the duration of the concert in order to support other performers.
- If you are performing, you will be asked to provide some information at the time of booking. Please have the following information available:
- Name of performer
- Grade level (AMEB or equivalent)
- Name, composer and approximate length of piece/s to be performed
- Name of performer’s teacher
- Parent's name, email address and phone number
- Indicate whether you are bringing an accompanist
- A program will be emailed to performers a couple of days prior to the event and will also be available at the concert.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the concert to sign in.
To assist us in making the program interesting for the audience, we kindly ask that performers prepare a brief introduction about the piece they are performing. Performers are asked to introduce their own item. Please contact us if you have any concerns or queries about this.
Directions & Parking
Please allow plenty of time for parking as the area can be busy on the weekend. There is unlimited parking in Church Street from 1pm on Saturday. The location is well serviced by trains and trams and there is a tram stop outside the church.