Welcome to our 2018 Student Concert Series
FOR STUDENTS OF VMTA MEMBERS
Term 4 Student Concert - Sat 20 October at 3pm
BOOKINGS NOW OPEN
Our Student Concert Series provides informal, friendly and supportive performance opportunities for students of VMTA members.
Open entry - all grades, all instruments
ALL WELCOME - including beginners!
We have aligned the dates of our Student Concert Series closely with examination session dates. This gives students who are preparing for an exam the opportunity to gain valuable performance experience leading up to their exam. However, any student of a VMTA member is encouraged to perform, whether they are preparing for an exam or not.
TERM 4 STUDENT CONCERT
Date: Saturday 20 October, 3pm
Venue: St Peter's Anglican Church, 1038 Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill, 3128
Teachers who are VMTA members may attend free of charge.
To book online and pay by credit card visit https://www.trybooking.com/428811
Performers MUST be booked online.
Audience tickets may be purchased online (preferred) or by paying cash at the door on the day.
Performers must be booked in.
Victorian Music Teachers' Association
Telephone: (03) 5243 4200
Information for performers:
- Beginners and students who are preparing for Preliminary to Grade 3 may perform up to 2 pieces.
- Students preparing for Grade 4 to AMusA may perform 1 piece OR 1 movement from a larger work.
- If piano accompaniment is required, performers are asked to arrange their own accompanist. If assistance is required in finding an accompanist, please contact the office in advance of the event.
- Please note the venue is equipped with a beautiful Schimmel grand piano. A music stand will be provided for instrumentalists.
- We kindly ask that performers arrive on time and stay for the duration of the concert in order to support other performers.
- If you are performing, you will be asked to provide some information at the time of booking. Please have the following information available:
- Name of performer
- Grade level (AMEB or equivalent)
- Name of work, composer and approximate length of piece/s to be performed
- Name of performer’s teacher (MUST BE A VMTA MEMBER)
- Parent’s name, email address and phone number
- Indicate whether you are bringing an accompanist
- Performers can change their program up to 7 days prior to the event if unsure at the time of booking.
- A program will be emailed to performers a couple of days prior to the event and will also be available at the concert.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the concert to sign in.
Parking & Directions - St Peter's Anglican Church Box Hill
There is parking at the back of the church (19 spaces). If heading west towards the city on Whitehorse Road, turn left into the Whitehorse Service Road, immediately after Linsley Street. St Peter's Anglican Church is located between the Box Hill Library and Box Hill Town Hall. Follow the driveway to the back of the church. Reserved signs only apply Mon-Fri. Please do not park in car spaces near the entrance to the church as this is reserved for VMTA staff and volunteers.
Parking is also available in Bank Street along the railway line (commuter restrictions only apply Mon-Fri); along the Whitehorse Service Road before Linsley Street (if heading west towards the city); and at the adjacent Town Hall. Please do not park in the Library car park (permit only). There is also a large Care Park in Watts Street (500 places) within walking distance of the church.