VMTA Handbook for Instrumental Music Teachers
VMTA is pleased to offer instrumental music teachers a comprehensive handbook on our Useful Information for Teachers page at https://vmta.org.au/useful-information-for-teachers/.
The handbook is designed to be used by all teachers working in their own studio and in schools. It also includes a Code of Ethics written specifically for VMTA Members.
- Working Conditions: Categories of Instrumental Music Teaching
- Terms & Conditions of Employment in Schools
- Terms & Conditions of the Studio Teacher
- Financial & Record Management
- Industry Requirements: VIT Registration, Working with Children Check, Child Safety Standards, Mandatory Reporting
- Insurance: Public Liability, Professional Indemnity, Income Protection, Equipment, Insurance Providers
- VMTA Professional Learning, Membership Types, Membership Benefits, Governance
- VMTA Member Code of Ethics
- Lesson Enrolment Form & Contract
- Confidentiality of Information Relating to Child Protection Matters Policy
- Child Safety Code of Conduct
- Mandatory Reporting Policy
- Teacher and Student Professional Boundaries Policy