Introducing VMTA Post-Nominals
We are pleased to announce that members will now be able to use professional post-nominals. If you are a full member you will be able to place the letters MVMTA after your surname as evidence of your full accreditation. Associate, Graduate and Student members can apply to be upgraded at any time providing they can meet the full membership criteria. To upgrade your membership, call us on (03) 5243 4200 or download an application form here.
Spring back into action towards the end of the Term 3 school holidays with this stimulating and practical two day workshop designed for instrumental music teachers working in their own studio or in schools. Day One will be of great benefit to piano teachers, and Day Two will provide a valuable and broad professional learning opportunity for teachers of all instruments.
We have a wonderful line up of outstanding presenters and a great range of topics. The workshop will cover how to develop aural skills and musicianship, technique development, holistic approaches in teaching pedagogy, music technology, and self-regulated and independent learning. There will be a session on teaching students with special needs, which will go towards meeting the new requirements for VIT registration. We are also very pleased to welcome VMTA Patron Prof Gary McPherson who will present on Day Two.
Day One - Wed 28 Sep:
- The Integrated Lesson (Elizabeth Mitchell)
- Developing Technique and Practice Methods: The Importance of Developing Finger Strength and Essential Skills (Janine Sowden)
- It's All in the Rhythm: AMEB Piano for Leisure Insights (Peter Hurley)
- Improvisation for All: Introducing Improvisation to the 'Classical' Player (Dr Ros McMillan)
Day Two - Thurs 29 Sep:
- Simple and Effective Ways to Use Technology in Your Teaching Studio (Katie Wardrobe)
- Manifestations and Management of Anxiety in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Daphne Proietto)
- Developing Self Determined and Self Regulated Music Learners (VMTA Patron Prof Gary McPherson)
- Hearing It Before Makes It an Awful Lot Easier To Play: How to Integrate Aural Into Every Day Teaching (Peter Hurley)
One or two day bookings available at member, non-member and student rates. For more information visit the Events page.